Bubs & Mums fitness classes
I wanted to reach out and teach classes especially designed with new mums in mind. Time, energy and childcare are 2 big constraints to any mum wanting to get back into shape, as well I know being a busy mama of 2 small kiddies. The solution, bring the bubs along to any of my bubs and mums classes.
The goals are:
- to work towards regaining self confidence, regain core and pelvic floor strength through safe functional exercises (NO SIT UPS HERE).
- to meet other mums, while bonding with your baby and begin your own transformation journey with other New Body and Soul mums.
- to build your strength and fitness
- To improve your Nutrition and eating habits to increase energy levels and improve overall health.
We will work on achieving your goals through fun and effective exercise classes that target the muscles used and abused during labour, delivery and the day to day care of your bubs. Food diary analysis and food plans will ensure you stay on track with your new healthy eating regime.
Please ensure you have had your 6 week post natal check and are cleared to take part in an exercise programme or 10 weeks post cesarean.
The indoor Mums & Bubs classes are made up of 6 week blocks. These are designed to help you achieve your goals through ongoing support and personalised plans no matter how small e.g. mine was to regain pelvic floor strength and prevent anymore near accidents!! Unlike other postnatal classes out there, your programme will be designed to your specific abilities and goals. A fitness and Nutrition consultation prior to your programme is included in these blocks. During this consultation we will focus on your goals and needs to develop an appropriate plan tailored to you ensuring you achieve your goals and stay on track.
Strongmama…. a combination of strength, light cardio (no jumping exercises), core/pelvic floor work and flexibility. Adopting the total body approach, we will focus on correcting any muscular imbalances in the body while strengthening both body and soul.
Please note sessions are on first floor so pushchairs can be left safely downstairs but if needed can be brought up)
- Diastasis Recti(the separation of the left and right abdominals) assessment during your consultation prior to beginning programme.
- Food diary analysis at the beginning and end of your programme. (Free for you Worth £50)
- Food plans the whole family can enjoy.
- Measurements & weight monitored start and end of 6 week blocks.(Optional)
- Goal setting and core/pelvic floor homework provided throughout.
- Quarterly get together a chance to share thoughts and have any questions answered you may have on your back to fitness and Health journey.
- Private Facebook community for any questions or advice you may need.
- Family & community … At New Body and Soul Mamas I know how important it is to have that support network around you, which is one of the reasons I set up New body and Soul Mamas. That’s why I regard my clients not as a membership card but part of the New body & soul community.I
I also network with other fantastic therapists & companies because by all working as a community we promote health and fitness as something that should be a normal part of life for everyone & not just the minority.
WHERE ……Indoor sessions take place indoors on bustling Seymour Place, at The Carpenters arms upstairs function room. Seymour Place can be reached by a number of tube stops.
Marble Arch Central line 4 mins walk.
Bond Street Jubilee line 10 mins walk
Edgeware Road Bakerloo/District/Circle line 12 mins walk
See Pricing page for package details and Times.
Outdoor Mum & Bubs classes
If you need to get out of the house, are an outdoors person and looking to increase your fitness levels, lose the baby belly and meet some other mums, then this is the class for you. This effective one-hour class with your buggy will also include fun partner and team work through functional cardio and strength building moves, using your body weight and resistance bands to give you a total body workout. Ending with a core and pelvic floor restore programme targeting those areas impacted by pregnancy. All levels of fitness are welcome and moves can be adapted to your level of fitness.
WHERE….. classes take place in Ravenscourt Park and Paddington Street Gardens, Marylebone.
See price page for price options and times.