For those busy mornings, plan ahead and try this recipe for breakfast muffins on the go.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 8 x large free range / organic eggs
- 2 x handful of spinach(chopped)
- 10 x cherry tomatoes (cut into quarters)
- ½ head of broccoli(chopped)
- 1 x medium red onion (diced)
- 1 x green pepper (diced)
- 2 x tsp of mix herbs
- 2 x tsp olive oil
- 1 x dash of milk
- 1 x handful of low fat feta cheese (sheep’s milk)
Place the diced pepper, onions, tomatoes, spinach and broccoli into a lightly oiled muffin
tray. Mix the eggs and milk together and pour over the veggie mix, Sprinkle the feta and
herbs over the mixture. Bake in oven on 180 degrees and bake for a 15- 20 minutes until
the eggs are firm and golden on top.
This dish is a great breakfast on the go or can be accompanied by a salad to make a
delicious healthy lunch. It’s a great way to use up left over items in your fridge – absolutely
anything goes in this dish. It lasts for a couple of days and tastes great hot or cold.