Roasted Cauliflower, garlic, turmeric soup topped with roasted pumpkin seeds.
Using food as medicine could be one of the most valuable weapons in your armour against imbalanced hormones. Digestive issues, brain fog, weight gain, depression,insomnia and tiredness. Only some of the common complaints I have helped my clients bounce back from. Using food in your armour of health & happy hormones is something all of us can start with.
Unfortunately there are no magic spell when it comes to Happy hormones. But one thing is for sure, hormones are responsible for how we think, feel and look. And the sooner we realise that our thoughts, actions, even feelings all influence the delicate orchestra that is our endocrine system the smoother the journey will be . Again an easy place to start is in our kitchen. Using food in your armour of health & happy hormones is something all of us can start with.
Are you ready to take the journey to a happier, confident you?Using food in your armour of health & happy hormones.
The journey to a happier, more confident you really doesn’t have to be on top of a forbidden mountain. I like to think of it as a journey of self discovery. A journey where you learn to listen to your body, what works for you, to be kinder and more tolerant. It is not just another diet, but a way of living that will nourish your mind and your body. On this journey I will share my knowledge, education, recipes, and my experiences. Allowing you to be a vibrant, happy, confident women. Something we all have the right to feel without guilt or question. Using food in your armour of health & happy hormones.Today I am sharing a wonderful tasty recipe with you.
Endless health benefits
- This recipe is packed full of pro & prebiotics for gut health.
- Amazing Anti-inflammatory herbs & veggies.
- Packed full of sulphur veggies to support the liver & excess oestrogen detoxification.
- Source of low gi carbohydrates for slow energy release and balancing blood sugar levels.
- An amazing recipe for any stage of your menstrual cycle but particularly great for the mid to second half of cycle. This is where hormones are on the rise so we want to ensure good detoxification & stable blood sugar to help prevent cravings, Pmt, bloating.
- 1 big head of cauliflower cut into small pieces.
- A few pieces of the cauliflower leaves.
- 1 whole head of garlic peeled and whole
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 3 stems of fresh turmeric cut up to nail size(dried also fine)
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- Pinch of pepper(needed for good absorption of turmeric)
- 1 & 1/2 litres of veggie stock.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- In a roasting tin mix the turmeric, cauliflower pieces, garlic, pepper, cumin together.
- Rub all the pieces with the coconut oil.
- Roast until caramelized about 30 minutes.
- Once cooked chuck it all onto a big pot with your stock.
- Blitz until smooth or the consistency you like.
- Dry fry some pumpkin seeds for 2 mins until golden.
- Chop roughly and serve on top of your soup.
- Enjoy, cook a batch for the busy week ahead.
If you liked this recipe be sure to sign up to my monthly newsletter(link below) where I will be sharing lots of tips and help to get you started on your Happy Hormone journey.