This was such a Delicious and easy dish to cook and a hit with the whole family. The key to balance is combining foods you enjoy and topping up with ingredients that benefit you and your goals. Some of my personal top goals are eating for hormonal balance, energy, great skin and mood.
What are your top nutrition goals? Are you eating the foods that will help you reach these goals? Why not take the time to sit down and write down 3 goals you would like to achieve. Then pick 5 foods you can add daily to meet these goals. And now I know you are all wanting these super tasty recipe so here it is…
- A medium aubergine
- 1 table spoon of sesame oil
- 2 table spoons of sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 5 teaspoons of teriyaki & garlic sauce
- About 10 matchsticks of ginger
- 1 Pak choi(cut lengthways)
- 3 spring onions
- 1 teaspoon of coconut or avocado oil
- Cup of rice (optional)
- Preheat the grill to high. Mix the teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, honey in a bowl.
- Cut the aubergine into small circles about 2 cm thick. Soak in the marinade for about 5 minutes.
- Place on a foiled baking sheet and arrange in a row. Grill for about 6 minutes each side.
- Fry the ginger in the oil and add the pak choi. Stir fry for about 3 minutes until veg is wilted.
- Rice is optional and can be placed on side. Arrange the veg over the rice and drizzle the rest of the marinade on top.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds and spring onion over the dish.
- You can always add some chicken and protein to the dish if you wanted. Is super tasty without also and a great vegetarian dish.