Weight loss without diets
First stop. STOP the fad diets and calorie counting. They do not work for the long term. If you have been following some form of diet for most of you life and not got the results what do you think is the most logical answer?
Then I guess it’s time to change the approach. Would you agree what do you think would be the logical answers? My attitude has absolutely changed over the years. I now work with clients all over the world focusing on an abundance of healthy foods, not restrictive boring unmotivating way of eating. After all “ You are what you eat” It is the way forward that I have seen and the perfect way to banish cravings, lift brain fog and achieve weight loss. All without the need of outdated diets.
Where to start? Lift brain fog and achieve weight loss.
My process for plating up. You’re shutting the computer off now, right! hear me out. It is not as complicated or overwhelming as it may seem. Scientifically we know that each food group have functions in the body. This is the whole reason extreme restrictive diets don’t work. Low protein, low carbohydrate, fat free the list goes on. As humans we need all of these food groups to function at optimal level not just sub-optimal which is where most of my clients start at.
Fueling your body
I have a process for my plating up. I know what you’re thinking but hear me out. It is not as complicated or overwhelming as it may seem. Scientifically we know that each food group have functions in the body. This is the whole reason extreme restrictive diets don’t work. Low protein, low carbohydrate, fat free the list goes on. As humans we need all of these food groups to function at optimal level not just sub-optimal which is where most of my clients start at. Learn how to banish cravings, lift brain fog and achieve weight loss. All with small consistent steps.
Where does the magic happen?
The simplest most effective way I have found to banish cravings, lift brain fog and lose weight is to focus on where the magic happens. Yes the kitchen😊 that’s what you all guessed right!
Start with your plating up. Meaning your ingredients. Lets now take 2 steps back meaning your shopping list. Like any great plan it needs a little commitment to it. Take the time to write your shopping list so you have everything you need at home ready to make magic happen. Get started on that goal -lift brain fog and achieve long term weight loss.
My top 5
When plating up aim to include something from each of the following food types. Once you get into the habit of including all of the food groups you start to form healthy food relationships. Understanding that all of these play a major roll in weight loss, balanced hormones & vitality.
- Protein- Can be quality animal sources or vegetarian sources. Protein is a major player in balancing hormones and weight loss. The majority of women I work with are under their protein amounts by as much as 30-50%. The biggest reason for this I see is having an unorganised plating up system.
- Vegetables including pre and probiotic veg -Think rainbow colours. Each colour represents a powerhouse of antioxidants and micronutrients for health, vitality, stable weight and moods. Rotate these every few days.
- Sea vegetables-Packed full of B12, calcium, magnesium, iron and iodine which are great for your thyroid which supports so many of your body’s processes including a healthy metabolism.
- Healthy fats which support brain function and healthy hormones.
- Starchy carbohydrates which are higher in fibre keeping you fuller for longer and packed full of antioxidants and important micro minerals essential for moods, weight, hormones and cravings.
My one pot wonder lunch
- Chop 3 spring onions and 4 cloves of garlic. Saute in a little coconut oil.
- Add a teaspoon of cumin & turmeric & pepper(remember pepper helps the absorption of turmeric).
- Next add chopped cauliflower, carrots, kale, and saute until soft. Add a little water to form a paste with spices if too dry.
- About 2 mins before your done add some chopped tomatoes and sunflower seeds.
- Plate up and mix through some cooked quinoa (I had left overs from the night before so a great way to use food up).
Setting 1 intention a week
So ladies there it is. All of the 5 foods I mentioned are in this one pot wonder bowl and took under 15 minutes to cook! Thinking of your food as the fuel for success. Success for weight loss, success for energy, success for vitality, success for pregnancy. But remember wishing about dreams and goals only gets you so far.
“Nothing changes if nothing changes”
Set one healthy intention this week and set yourself up for success. If you would like any more details on my 6 week Personal training & Nutrition programmes then book in a free no -obligation discovery call below.